Shuswap Settlement Services has developed a number of guides to assist immigrants.
The guides are written in simple English and include information concerning:
The following list booklets can be picked up at the Shuswap immigrant office in Salmon Arm.
- Why the activity is important,
- What you should know concerning the topic,
- Where to go within the Shuswap to get services,
- Alternative choices available to you,
- What to expect to take place in the process,
- Where to find more assistance.
SHUSWAP SETTLEMENT GUIDES
- What Immigrant Need Do Immediately
- Buying a Car
- Finding Employment
- Taking Part in Sports & Recreation
- Volunteering in the Community
- Getting Municipal Services
- Ways To Save Money
- Buying a House
- Canadian Cultural Do’s and Don’ts
- Dealing With Crisis and Trauma