The Settlement Services Worker is the individual assisting immigrants with their settlement concerns.
The Settlement Worker duties include assisting immigrants by:
- setting up client intake files and insuring the privacy of client information,
- assisting immigrants with acquiring appropriate forms, applications and documents,
- checking forms and applications for errors and/or omissions,
- referring immigrants to appropriate service providers,
- introducing immigrants to community volunteers,
- arranging for an individual to accompany immigrants to appointments, if requested,
- assisting immigrants experiencing language-related or cultural difficulties finding employment,
- completing immigrant community outreach,
- documenting and reporting on client services provided,
- keeping abreast of legislative and policy changes concerning immigrants,
- arranging for immigrant group information workshops by service providers, and
- Working together, with the Executive Director, to insure a seamless and complementary delivery of services.