- Immigrant access to services;
- Intercultural respect and trust;
- Welcoming and inclusive communities and workplaces;
- Community safe spaces;
- Immigrant settlement assistance;
- A healthy and inclusive local economy;
- A vibrant multicultural social community.
- COMMUNITY ACTION PLAN 2014
- Work with Citizenship and Immigration Canada to provide settlement services to federally funded clients.
- Work with WelcomeBC to provide settlement services to provincially funded clients.
- Work with EmbraceBC and The Thompson Okanagan Respect Network to reduce and eliminate instances of racism and hate.
- Undertake initiatives to: strengthen our community partnerships, profile the immigrant community, celebrate immigrants, and increase the points of individual contact within the community.
- PLANNED OUTCOMES
- Community members are aware of the needs and contributions of immigrants.
- Immigrants are socially, politically and culturally involved in the community.
- The community envisions the welcoming and inclusive community they wish to become.
- New Canadians come, stay and contribute to the life of the whole community.
- Businesses attract and retain the skilled workers they need to grow.
- No one is overlooked and everyone is assisted to realize their full potential.